Ariel Motor Company Ltd is a low-volume performance motor vehicle manufacturing company in Crewkerne, in Somerset, England.
Founded by Simon Saunders in 1991 as Solocrest Ltd., the name was changed in 1999 to Ariel Motor Company Ltd. The original Ariel Motors remains as the trading company of the Ariel Owners Motorcycle Club (AOMCC) Ariel Motorcycles firm. Ariel Motor Company is one of the UK’s smallest automotive companies, with just 19 employees, producing up to 100 cars per year.
The company manufactures the Ariel Atom, an extremely light, high performance car, powered by a Honda Civic Type-R engine and gearbox. The Atom is the world’s first road-going exoskeletal car; it has no bodywork or roof, and is built entirely around the tube chassis, making it weigh less than 500 kg. This means that the latest model, the Ariel Atom 3.5R supercharged model has a power-to-weight ratio of around 700 bhp (520 kW) per tonne.
Drive a Ariel Atom today! Ariel Atom driving experiences from ‘Driving Experiences’ are the best and most affordable driving experiences in the UK. Ariel Atom driving experiences start from as little as £39.
- Welcome introduction and sign in with our team to collect your itinerary!
- Drivers briefing with an experienced and qualified instructor.
- You will drive ariel Atom for 3 or 6 miles around the track.
- FREE High Speed Passenger Ride in Performance saloon
- FREE 4×4 Offroad Passenger Ride (Prestwold Only)
- You also have the option to view or purchase professional photographs taken whilst your driving.
- Please collect a certificate to commemorate your driving experience from our media desk.
Why not book your Ariel Atom driving experience today?